Excellent opportunity to join our dedicated team of healthcare professionals. Eyecare Associates of Bluffton is a family-oriented practice with a cohesive team of caring individuals.
We are a fast-paced optometry practice, and are seeking enthusiastic individuals excited to learn. Applicant must be organized, have good problem-solving skills, have a positive attitude, and be a team player. Experience with insurance is a plus.
We are looking for a full time position:
- Administrative Assistant
- Clinical Assistan
Experience is not required. Our practice provides on-site training as wellas other options to further your education in this field.
Please respond with your resume, a cover letter, and salary requirementsto: email@example.com
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant is positioned within the centraladministrative ‘hub’ of our office. They perform a variety of tasks,including patient check-in, scheduling appointments, collecting insuranceauthorizations, and posting and collecting payment. While we cross-trainfor all of the above skills, on a day-to-day basis an assistant may beprimarily focused on checking-in and scheduling patients, for example.There are several moving pieces when it comes to patient care in our busyoffice, which suits candidates who like to be organized and stay busy.
- Schedule and manage patient appointments
- Answer phones and properly route patient requests
- Assist with insurance authorizations and submission
- Fee posting and collection
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients in the clinic
- High school diploma
- Experience in healthcare, reception desk, or billing and coding
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software
- Communication skills and the ability to coordinate and cooperate with multiple members of the healthcare team
- Organizational skills with focus on maintaining accuracy and consistency
Position Title: Clinical Assistant
The role of the Clinical Assistant is to provide technical support to the Optometrist. This includes patient work-up, pretesting, tonometry, and performing the appropriate professional services to patients. As the functional liaison between patient and doctor, the Clinical Assistant is responsible for communicating all patient questions and concerns to the optometrist. Accurate procurement of patient history and follow-up is required.
Because our practice strives to deliver the best eye health care possible, a deep working knowledge of all pretesting equipment is required. The ability to effectively communicate to patients and the optometrist(s) is of utmost importance.
- Demonstrates expert ability in communicating with patients the purpose of each test and its importance to their eye health
- Operation and maintenance of all pretesting equipment including but not limited to:
- Auto-refractor / keratometer
- Non-contact tonometer
- Retinal camera
- Auto-field perimeter
- Keystone visual skills
- Visual acuity test
- Blood pressure cuff
- Stocking and maintenance of all exam rooms
- Tracks and orders supply inventory (alcohol pads, FI strips, etc.) as appropriate
- Tracks and reports to leadership/management the capture rate of all specialized testing
The Clinical Assistant must be able to effectively communicate with our patients around all our pre and special testing. Communicating in a manner by which the patient understands technical terminology in their layman language is essential.
The Clinical Assistant must be able to accurately measure and record all patient information. Attention to detail relative to all testing and results is imperative.
Pace of the Environment
Must be able to work at a fast pace. Effectively handling multiple tasks and patients at one time, while focusing on the individual patient experience.
Consistency of Work
The Clinical Assistant position requires consistent repetition of several technical tasks. A displayed comfort level and accuracy of accomplishing tasks and testing of this nature is required.
As the patient liaison to the Optometrist, the Clinical Assistant must exhibit the ability to work well within the team environment, supporting all aspects of the practice and delivering on the patient experience.